Tooltips Categories: Clavinet

Blog Search:


A length of wire that when plucked, struck or strummed vibrates to create a tone. Can be tuned to adjust the pitch of the note. On a Clavinet the strings are a similar thickness to guitar strings, and are sounded by the hammer tip connected to the keyboard being pressed against the string. On an […]

hammer tips

Tips made of hardened rubber that when the key is pushes strike the string of a Clavinet. They are usually square but are sometimes rounded.


In piano terms, a hammer is the system that strikes the string, tine, or reed to generate a note. When a key is pressed, the lower action mechanism triggers the hammer to propel towards the string, tine, or reed in question. On acoustic pianos and Wurlitzers, hammers are made using compressed felt (though on a […]